Can you enter a factory and see the possibilities for automation?
OnRobot is consistently growing due to huge success on the international market. In order to support and ensure the ongoing development and keep the high level of in-depth knowhow, OnRobot is now looking for a qualified Application Engineer.
Your role and responsibilities:
As Application Engineer you will be responsible for gathering all knowledge on grippers and their use in automation purposes in different industries. The application knowledge will be used to support the sales team in order for them to present solutions that can benefit clients all over the world.
The position is new in the organization and is made to support the sales department, distributors and clients with automation of industrial processes on a global level. You will be the go-to-person regarding the utilization of the total product range and it is your responsibility to capture the internal knowhow and making it available for the global sales team. In the future it will also be important to create an application mindset within the whole OnRobot organization and structure the knowledge in order to make it commercially available for the global network of distributers.
As Application Engineer, you will report to the CTO and you will work closely together with all engineers and the R&D departments in different locations in Europe and North America.
Your primary tasks and responsibilities are defined as:
- Gather information on applications operating globally.
- Support the sales team and join customer meetings with knowhow on applications.
- Making application information useful for sales and distributers.
- Be the bridge builder between sales and engineering/R&D.
- Be part of understanding the needs in the industry and be sparring partner for the CTO for future product strategy.
- Developing an application mindset in the organization.
Your place of work is the headquarter in Odense and due to close collaboration with other departments, it is preferably with residence close to Odense. There will be approximately 60-80 travel days.
Your professional skills:
- Practical experience with automation and robotic solutions.
- Understanding technical problems - both on the mechanical and the control side.
- Experience with automation projects from idea to fully operating.
- Be able to see and sketch solutions based on limited information.
- May have experience from product marketing or at least experience with making technical solutions commercial.
The ideal candidate has a broad experience within automation processes in different industries. You will be able to enter a factory and see the possibilities for automation and how it can be done by knowing technology and by sparring with clients, distributers and the sales team.
Your personal profile:
You are an energetic person with the ability to get things done. You should be both creative and commercial in order to see the possibilities of optimizing the production processes in different industries. We expect that you have good communication skills on all levels - both internally and externally. Finally, you should have a natural curiosity for both people and technical solutions.
The position will be closed as soon as possible, so do not hesitate to send your application. Please always feel welcome to contact us for further details.
We look forward to hearing from you.
OnRobot is a global company based in Odense (the central part of Denmark), also known as ”the robot capital”. The company delivers innovative Plug & Produce grippers, enabling the clients to fully benefit from the advantages of collaborative robots. OnRobot offers technologies – hardware as well as software – used for solutions involving collaborating robots, cobots. In addition to the head office in Denmark, OnRobot has also production and R&D in Hungary and USA and sales offices in Germany, China, USA, Spain, Malaysia, and Hungary, total more than 100 employees.
Please note that we will not receive applications/resumes via mail according to GDPR.