OnRobot was founded in 2015 in Odense, Denmark, and is on track to become the global One-Stop Shop for all Collaborative Applications on all Robot Platforms. OnRobot is defining and leading the market for Collaborative Applications by bringing disruptive technologies to market quickly.
To grow our Chinese market OnRobot is looking for an Applications Engineer who will help contribute to the commercial success of our business. You will work closely with your regional colleagues in APAC as well as the Global Tech Support team located in our HQ in Odense, Denmark. The position is based in Shanghai, China, and reports to the Greater China Country Manager.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Help customers identify opportunities in their manufacturing facilities to automate with collaborative applications.
- Independently as well as working with partners, SI’s, and end-users to design and develop automation solutions with OnRobot’s Gecko and Soft Gripper products.
- Identity and prioritize largest opportunities for OnRobot (high value add for end-users, scalable and repeatable, growth enabling).
- Formalize learnings and conclusions from projects to be shared with colleagues, including creating standard specification recommendations, work instructions, presentations, and training material.
- Work with regional and global tech support colleagues to educate and train them on application opportunities.
- You will serve as internal and external evangelist for robot application support and guidance.
- Networking and developing relationships with Robot Manufacturers.
- Participating in trade shows and seminars, preparation, and programming of various robot types.
- 5-10 years’ experience in designing and/or installing industrial applications in the field, understanding the pain points met during deployment of robots and how to address those.
- Experience in designing and integrating cobots and/or lightweight industrial robotic applications. Electronics and food industry or experience with soft gripping solutions preferred.
- Know how to program a robot (cobots and multiple brands preferred).
- Good problem solving and communication skills. Must be able to work directly with customers/partners to solve urgent issues and get positive results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical field.
- Ability to travel up to 75%. Occasional international travel may be required.
- High level of proficiency in English (spoken and written) is preferred but not a must.
OnRobot offers exciting and variable challenges in a constructive, team-oriented work environment with flat hierarchies in the dynamic, growing market of industrial automation. Be a key part of the team from the start and support our growth in a creative and active way.
Do you want to join this journey? Please send us your application and your CV to email@example.com as soon as possible.