To strengthen our R&D Department, we are now looking for new colleagues who master the whole firmware development lifecycle all the way from requirement engineering, high level design, detailed design, and implementation to performing verification and validation.
OnRobot is a dynamic, Danish-owned R&D and manufacturing robotic company with an entrepreneurial mindset and solid financial background. To provide the most value to our customers, R&D designs and implements collaborative products with true Plug n' Produce functionality. At OnRobot, we take customer feedback seriously, and we actively scan the market for trends and new technologies that can add even more value to our customers.
Do you enjoy breaking down technical complexity in close cooperation with mechanical, electronics, and software engineers when designing and testing new solutions? Are you looking forward to working with brilliant colleagues of a multitude of nationalities? Yes? Well then, we might have a seat for you!
Your main tasks
You will be helping us create better products mostly by contributing your skills and expertise to:
- Firmware development, requirement engineering, design, implementation, and test
- Focus on giving our customers the best solution, by having application focus.
- Implementation of hardware drivers and control software with efficient use of system resources
- Design and implement algorithms that gives an optimal product, both in respect to performance and cost.
- Performance profiling of firmware/hardware in a simulated environment or a target system
- Integration towards robotic systems using mainstream communication protocols.
- Support for integration tests and trial runs of robotic applications
- Documentation and knowledge sharing with your colleagues.
- Being a member in various development projects, length typical 3-7 months
You will get our attention if your technical qualifications and experience include:
- A relevant technical education supplemented with 4-5 years of work experience.
- Hands-on experience with development of algorithms, manipulation of data structures, debugging and implementing highly optimized code on embedded systems.
- Solid experience with C programming, Unit-testing, code re-usability and GIT version control
- Familiar with ARM Cortex M platforms or equivalent embedded microcontroller architectures
- Familiar with toolchain setup e.g. Cmake
- Working with communication protocols like RS485, CAN Bus, Modbus, or IO-link
- We assume you already are well-versed in some flavour of Linux.
- Python knowledge preferred.
Previous hands-on experience within any of the following domains is certainly a big plus in our book: robot kinematics, motor control, dynamics modelling, sensor integration, diagnostic coverage, inductive loads, control loops, gears, and mechanical systems.
To be successful in this position, you should be challenge-driven and passionate about your work. You think creatively and innovatively, and at the same time, you approach your tasks in a highly structured manner. You work well both independently and in cross-functional teams and possess a high level of discipline and self-motivation.
Joining OnRobot will open the opportunities to:
Work with exciting, technology-leading R&D assignments in robotic areas. Work with great talented colleagues in a young, motivated team. Fast-growing by continuous learning and developing professional and soft skills. Competitive salary and benefits package in line with your experience level.
Are you interested?
Please submit a brief application and resume in English to HR@OnRobot.com writing Firmware Developer and “your name” in the subject line.