To strengthen our R&D Department, we are now looking for new colleagues who master the whole firmware development lifecycle all the way from requirement engineering, high level design, detailed design and implementation to performing verification and validation.
Do you want to be part of an agile and ambitious company, dedicated to developing and integrating unique technologies in its products?
In order to provide most value to our customers, the R&D department designs and implements Collaborative products with true Plug n’ Produce functionality. At OnRobot we take customer feedback seriously and we actively scan the market for trends and new technologies that can add even more value to our customers; therefore we have an ambitious roadmap for the coming years.
Do you enjoy breaking down technical complexity in close cooperation with mechanical, electronics and software engineers when designing your solution for the tasks at hand? Are you looking forward to work with brilliant colleagues of several nationalities? Yes? Well then, we might have a seat for you!
Your main tasks
You’ll be helping us create better products mostly by contributing your skills and expertise to:
- Firmware development, requirement engineering, design, implementation and test
- Focus on giving our customers the best solution, by having application focus.
- Implementation of hardware drivers and control software with efficient use of system resources
- Design and implement algorithms that gives an optimal product, both in respect to performance and cost.
- Performance profiling of firmware/hardware in a simulated environment or a target system
- Integration towards robotic systems using mainstream communication protocols
- Support for integration tests and trial runs of robotic applications
- Documentation and knowledge sharing with your colleagues
- Being a member in various development projects, length typical 3-7 months.
You’ll get our attention if your technical qualifications and experience include:
- A relevant technical education supplemented with 4-5 years of work experience
- Hands-on experience with development of algorithms, manipulation of data structures, debugging and implementing highly optimized code on embedded systems
- Solid experience with C programming, Unit-testing, code re-usability and GIT version control
- Familiar with ARM Cortex M platforms or equivalent embedded microcontroller architectures
- Familiar with toolchain setup eg. Cmake
- Working with communication protocols like RS485, CAN Bus, Modbus or IO-link
- We assume you already are well-versed in some flavor of Linux.
- Python knowledge preferred
Previous hands-on experience within any of the following domains is certainly a big plus in our book: robot kinematics, motor control, dynamics modelling, sensor integration, diagnostic coverage, inductive loads, control loops, gears and mechanical systems.
In order to be successful in this position you should be challenge-driven and passionate about your work. You think creatively and innovatively but at the same time you approach your tasks in a highly structured manner. It is essential that you can work both independently and in cross-functional teams and that you possess a high level of discipline and self-motivation. We offer an environment and colleagues that offer the same.
Submit your application at firstname.lastname@example.org.