Do you want to take on the challenge of developing new smart robot end-of-arm tools for collaborative robotic applications? Are you experienced in silicon and rubber materials and have the passion to accomplish creative tasks in a team? Then you might be our new Materials Research Engineer in OnRobot R&D!
OnRobot is a dynamic, Danish-owned, R&D and manufacturing company in the robotics area, with an entrepreneurial mindset and solid financial background. To provide the most value to our customers, the R&D department designs and implements collaborative products with true Plug n’ Produce functionality. At OnRobot we take customer feedback seriously and we actively scan the market for trends and new technologies that can add even more value to our customers.
Do you have the ability to think and work outside of the box to create practical solutions to challenging problems? Can you act as a researcher, a manufacturing engineer, a product developer, or even a salesman? Are you looking forward to working with brilliant colleagues of several nationalities? Yes? Well then, we might have a seat for you!
To strengthen our R&D Department, we are now looking for new colleagues in the SW development team.
Your main tasks
You’ll be helping us create better products mostly by contributing your skills and expertise to:
- Formulating development of elastomer materials and corresponding additives
- Developing new procedures for manufacturing of micro-structured thin films
- Maintaining and updating existing procedures for the manufacturing of different silicon solution in various OnRobot Grippers: mixing, casting and curing elastomers
- Working with outside vendors and industry experts to source materials and manufacturing equipment
- Conducting exploratory testing of manufactured films
- Establishing standard operating procedures, safety standards, and quality checks to ensure a consistent product offering
- Collaborating with mechanical engineers during new product development
- Cooperating with other functions like product management and technical support
- Being a member in various international development projects
- Continuously striving for improvement of the way we deliver solutions
You’ll get our attention if your technical qualifications and experience include:
- Experience with handling UV cure urethanes, addition/condensation cure silicones, and polyurethane rubbers
- Experience working with conductive nanoparticles, pigments, and mechanical property modifiers
- Experience with formulation equipment such as planetary centrifugal mixers, overhead mixers, ultrasonic dispersion probes, etc.
- Thin-film manufacturing: spin-coating, drawdown knife, roll-to-roll, calendaring
- Rapid prototyping, 3D printing, CNC machining
- Experience with creating a design of experiments
- BSc or MSc in Engineering
- Excellent English skills
Previous hands-on experience with any of the following technologies is certainly a big plus:
- Work with microstructures, MEMS, photolithography is a plus
- Experience in mechanical design using Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor, etc.
To be successful in this position you should be challenge-driven and passionate about your work. You think creatively and innovatively but at the same time, you approach your tasks in a highly structured manner. It is essential that you can work both independently and in cross-functional teams and that you possess a high level of discipline and self-motivation.
Joining OnRobot will open up the opportunities to:
Work with exciting, technology leading R&D assignments in robotic areas. Work with great talented colleagues in a young, motivated team. Fast-growing by continuous learning and developing professional and soft skills. Competitive salary and benefits package in line with your experience level.
Are you interested?
Please submit your application with an English CV referring to the position at email@example.com