Do you thrive by transforming customer requirements into products that help solve their manufacturing challenges? Can you define and prioritize features based on market need validations to build innovative and commercially sound products? Are you comfortable working in a rapidly changing and high-paced environment, enjoy collaborating and navigating in a cross-organizational structure, and communicating with multiple stakeholders? Then you might be our new Product Manager!
As Product Manager you will collect and transform customer needs into product requirements, ensuring the developed products address and solves the pain points and challenges they have in their manufacturing process today.
The role requires you to have or acquire deep insight into the applications and industries where new products are intended to be deployed, enabling you to engage in a technical dialogue with customers and partners to better understand their needs and translate these into technical product specifications.
A key part of the position is to prepare and facilitate internal commercial product training for the global Sales team, providing them with insights on market positioning and business potential, and helping them understand the targeted market and customer segment.
As you will be managing and working on multiple projects simultaneously, the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks is essential.
In this role you will be reporting to the Director of Application Research & Product Management and be part of a skilled and agile cross-functional product management team. On an everyday basis, you will work closely with technical counterparts in the R&D team and collaborate with multiple stakeholders such as sales, marketing, field engineers and partners.
Your workplace is in our headquarters in Odense, Denmark or in our development hub in Budapest, Hungary. 20-40 travel days per year is to be expected in this role.
You will be responsible for collecting and delivering market-validated specifications for both new product development and product variants of the existing product portfolio. You will act as the commercial project manager during product development from initial scoping until market launch.
- Define product requirements and provide business cases based on market inputs, customer requirements and application research
- Understand and analyse stakeholder needs and constraints
- Organize and conduct customer interview sessions
- Acquire and maintain a deep understanding of the application space and industry for the products
- Provide guidance and updates to the various stakeholders throughout the projects
- Manage beta testing of products, including collecting and analysing feedback
- Prepare value propositions for marketing and product launch
- Contribute with inputs to user manuals and product training materials
- Participate in release planning
- Facilitate face-2-face and virtual commercial training sessions for internal Sales team
To be considered for this role you must have min. 5 years of work experience within the product management discipline of transforming customer requirements into product specifications and developing business cases. You must have a strong background within robotics and/or automation, field experience is a definite advantage.
We are looking for a candidate with a holistic mindset and the ability to understand relationships between elements in a complex system. We expect you to have an analytical and structured mindset that enables you to understand the core market requirements and identify new opportunities for penetrating new market areas.
In addition to this, we expect you to have:
- A professional and proactive work ethic and the ability to work well across teams with excellent stakeholder management skills
- Self-motivation, drive and ability to work independently.
- Performance-driven and executing mindset, capable of finalizing tasks on time.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
The job has a lot of room for taking initiatives and for the right person there is room to grow both personally and professionally.
Candidates must have valid residence and work permit for EU to be considered for the role.
Unique opportunity in an ambitious ’born global’ organization
This is an opportunity to become part of an exciting growth company – a global frontrunner within robotic applications for cobots and light-weight industrial robots. Our mission at OnRobot is to be the one-stop-shop for automation solutions by providing the coolest and best products with new and innovative technology, reducing the integration complexity for customers and enabling more applications.
Do you want to join this journey? Send your CV and application as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.