Do you want to take on the challenge of developing SW applications in the eco-system for our innovative products in collaborative robot space? Are you an experienced SW developer in backend development and have the passion to accomplish creative tasks in a team? Then you might be our new Backend SW Developer in OnRobot R&D!
OnRobot is a dynamic, Danish-owned, R&D and manufacturing company in the robotics area, with an entrepreneurial mindset and solid financial background. To provide most value to our customers, the R&D department designs and implements collaborative products with true Plug n’ Produce functionality. At OnRobot we take customer feedback seriously and we actively scan the market for trends and new technologies that can add even more value to our customers.
Do you enjoy breaking down technical complexity in close cooperation with mechanical, electronics and software engineers when designing your solution for the tasks at hand? Are you looking forward to work with brilliant colleagues of several nationalities? Yes? Well then, we might have a seat for you!
To strengthen our R&D Department, we are now looking for new colleagues in the SW development team.
Your main tasks
You’ll be helping us create better products mostly by contributing your skills and expertise to:
- Manage the entire life cycle of multiple related complex modules and systems, including feature discussion, algorithmic analysis, documentation, design, coding, testing, maintenance
- Good product sense and keen focus on product performance.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentor engineers in methodology, best practice, and standards
- Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their Software development, system engineering, design, implementation, documentation and test of web server based backend SW
- Customer focus by giving the best solution helping the automation of end to end flows
- Being a member in various international development projects, with typical length 6-12 months
- Following and improving development methods and processes used
You’ll get our attention if your technical qualifications and experience include:
- MS in computer science, robotics, or related field
- 3+ years experience using some combination of Python and C++
- Excellent object-oriented programming capability, including speed and overall quality; specifically, MUST be able to write high performance product quality codes with C++.
- Familiar with multithreading programming and synchronisation mechanisms.
- Familiar with STL, boost C++ libraries, design patterns and able to enforce it in day-to-day tasks.
- Excellent mathematical skills, with linear algebra
Previous hands-on experience with any of the following technologies is certainly a big plus:
- 1+ years Research and Industry experience in robotics (and ideally computer vision)
- Experience with robotic waypoint generation, path planning, and trajectory smoothing
- Experience with ROS
- Strong multithreaded programming skills (C++, Python)
- Experience with sensor data processing, environment modelling, large-scale point-cloud processing
- Expertise and experience with protocols such as Modbus, EtherNet/IP, CAN
To be successful in this position you should be challenge-driven and passionate about your work. You think creatively and innovatively but at the same time you approach your tasks in a highly structured manner. It is essential that you can work both independently and in cross-functional teams and that you possess a high level of discipline and self-motivation.
Joining OnRobot will open up the opportunities to:
Work with exciting, technology leading R&D assignments in robotic areas. Work with great talented colleagues in a young, motivated team. Fast growing by continuous learning and developing professional and soft skills. Competitive salary and benefit package in line with your experience level.
Are you interested?
Please submit your application and CV referring to the position at email@example.com.