Do you thrive by transforming customer requirements into products that help solve their challenges? Can you define and prioritize features based on market need validations to build innovative and commercially sound products? Are you comfortable working in a rapidly changing and high-paced environment, enjoy collaborating and navigating in a cross-organizational structure and communicating with multiple stakeholders? Then you might be our new Strategic Product Owner!
As Strategic Product Owner you will collect and convert customer needs into product requirements, ensuring the developed products solve the pain points and challenges they have in their manufacturing process today.
The role requires you to have or acquire deep insight into the applications and industries where products are intended to be deployed, enabling you to engage in technical dialogue with customers and partners to better understand their needs and translate these into technical product specifications.
As you will be managing multiple project specifications simultaneously, the ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple competing tasks is essential.
In this role you will be reporting to the Director of Application Research & Product Management and be part of a skilled and agile cross-functional product management team. On an everyday basis, you will work closely with a technical counterpart in the R&D team and collaborate closely with sales, marketing, field engineers and partners.
Your workplace is in our headquarters in Odense or in our development hub in Budapest.
20 - 40 travel days per year is to be expected in this role.
Roles and responsibilities
You will be overall responsible for delivering market-validated specifications on both new products and product variants of the existing product portfolio. You will act as the commercial project manager during product development from initial scoping until market launch.
- Define product requirements and provide business cases based on market inputs, customer requirements and application research
- Understand and analyze stakeholder needs and constraints
- Organize and conduct customer interview sessions
- Acquire and maintain a deep understanding of the application space and industry for the products
- Provide guidance and updates to the various stakeholders throughout the projects
- Manage beta testing of products, including collecting and analyzing feedback
- Prepare value propositions for marketing and release notes
- Contribute with inputs to user manuals and product training materials
- Participate in release planning
To be considered for this role you must have a strong engineering background within automation and/or robotics. You are expected to have +3 years of work experience with development of product specifications. Relevant field experience, ideally within collaborative applications, is a definite advantage for the ability to understand customer pain points.
We are looking for a candidate with a holistic view of the whole system solution, ensuring delivery of products that help provide the customer with a full application solution. You also need to have an analytic and structured mindset that enables you to understand the core of application requirements and identify new opportunities for penetrating new application areas.
In addition to this, we expect you to have:
- A professional and proactive work ethic and the ability to work well across teams with excellent stakeholder management skills
- Self-motivation, drive and ability to work independently.
- Goal-orientation and an executer profile, capable of finalizing tasks to agreed-on time.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
We do not micro-manage and the job has a lot of room for taking the initiative and responsibility and for the right person there is room to grow personally and professionally.
Unique opportunity in an ambitious ’born global’ organization
This is an opportunity to become part of an exciting growth company – a global frontrunner within robotic applications for cobots and light-weight industrial robots. Our mission at OnRobot is to be the one-stop-shop for automation solutions by providing the coolest and best products with new and innovative technology, reducing the integration complexity for customers and enabling more applications.
Do you want to join this journey? Click here to send us your application and your CV as soon as possible.